Virtual Craft Market Exhibitor Info
Join our Private Facebook Group
Name: Peters Valley Spring 2021 Virtual Craft Market
Date: ONLINE May 1-2, 2021, 10:00am-5:00pm ET
Registration Links: (Please note we are charged for every registration. To make this viable for our organization, but also accessible for our audience, we have several options for different groups.)
Includes 1000 free tickets or the option to purchase a ticket to support Peters Valley School of Craft (the Craft Fair is our largest fundraiser of the year).
Link for exhibitors to share with customers for $2 tickets.
Link for exhibitors only registration (free admission).
Promotional Language: Join us for a unique, live, and interactive craft fair! Meet over 80 juried artists in their Virtual Booths and shop their incredible selection of handmade jewelry, pottery, and other wearable and home items & gifts from the comfort of your home.
[Or in bullet format:]
Join us for a unique, live, and interactive craft fair!
- Meet the makers in their Virtual Booths
- Buy from over 80 juried artists from the comfort of your home
- Customizable, fun shopping experience
- See behind the scenes and ask artists about their process
- Computer recommended, but platform works on phones and tablets too! Chrome or Firefox browser recommended.
Download Press Release coming soon
Click links to download
- 4x6 Postcard Front Side | Back Side
- Customizable Graphics
- Green postcard
- Blue postcard
- Yellow postcard
- Pink postcard
- File > Make a Copy (most important step!)
- Insert name (there's a small text book with INSERT NAME HERE written in it)
- Insert photo (just to have to insert a photo and align it in the laptop screen)
- OPTIONAL: Animate the graphic by toggling "Animate" in the upper left of the workspace, then choose which type of animation.
Hex codes for the colors are:Yellow: #FAAF40Green: #37B34ABlue: #00ADEEPink: #EC297B
- Promotional Video
Promotional Recommendations & Opportunities
- Use #petersvalleycraftfair and tag @petersvalley & @petersvalleygallery on all your social media posts to promote the event. We’ll share your posts as stories on our accounts. Encourage your audiences to follow the hashtag, and please share our posts too!
- Post about your work and the events twice a week leading up to the event, and help us by joining our "crowdspeaking":
- Post a "push out" which focuses on information about the event and registration so people will come see you and shop.
- Post a "sneak peek" about what you'll have or be doing to build hype.
- "Crowdspeaking" is a way of coordinating our social media support together to give our message more resonance and collectively reach a wider audience. Let's all post 2 days before the event, April 29th and include one of our graphics and our language in your post.
- We’ll be highlighting a few exhibitors in each of our weekly emails to registrants and on social media. Share your stories with us so we can promote you - Is there anything special you have planned to do during the event? Do you have a video about your work/practice/process? Blog or podcast?
Additional Information Needed
Preview the Event Registration Page and make changes before we go public. We will be launching registration to our members first on April 1st, and the public on April 3rd.
Some of the information is optional, but the information on PAGES 2 & 3 IS REQUIRED for the event. Refer to this video (same as above) for details. final submissions are due April 21st.
This form can be submitted multiple times (only your Name is required each time).
Zoom Meeting Tutorial Sessions & Hopin Practice Event
Join us for these collaborative Zoom Sessions where we will work collectively and share best practices and recommendations so that we can all learn from each other and find success in the digital marketplace. This registration link is for ALL sessions (need only sign up once). All sessions will be recorded and links will be uploaded to this website.
- Friday 4/2/21 12pm ET | E-Commerce Website & Photos V.2
We'll discuss ways to take your website and photos to the next level by emphasizing your narrative. If you're new to creating an online shopping site, start with our V.1 tutorial (video below) and bring any questions you have to this session. Watch the recording
- Friday 4/9/21 12pm ET | Videos for Website & Promotion
We'll provide instruction on creating a short and simple video that can be used in your virtual booth, on your website, or in other promotions. We'll also talk about videos as content in social media, including the new Instagram feature: Reels. Watch the recording
- Friday 4/16/21 12pm ET | Details for Building Success
There are so many things to think about as we continue building our customer relationships. We cover Google Analytics, email marketing and mailing lists, and how to leverage online presence as we move back to in-person. Watch the recording
- Friday 4/23/21 12pm ET | Hopin Tips, Hive Mind Planning
With one week before the big event, we'll get together to brainstorm best practices and explore ways for each exhibitor to tailor the platform for their unique needs. We'll create a practice live event on Hopin to reacquaint you with the experience.
- 4/28-4/30 | Hopin Sample Event
This will be a duplicate of the real event, but hidden and accessible via emailed link (forthcoming, as we'll want all your booth information updated prior to making the copy)
- Exhibitors will have 3 days 24/7 to practice in their booth, visit other exhibitors in their booths to earn from each other, and schedule times for meeting with event staff.
- Brienne and Lakota/Peters Valley Gallery will be in their booths each day from 1:00-2:00pm for anyone to visit with questions, and exhibitors can schedule a time with either Brienne or Lakota (please choose only one to give everyone an opportunity).
Book appointment with Brienne | Book appointment with Lakota
- 4/28-4/30 | Hopin Sample Event
E-Commerce Website Creation & Easy Photos V.1
We take you through the steps needed to create your own full website with an e-commerce shop easily and inexpensively, and provide recommendations for content, tips and details.
Videos for Website & Promotion
We provide instruction on creating a short and simple video that can be used in your virtual booth, on your website, or in other promotions. We also talk about videos as content in social media, including the new Instagram feature: Reels. Lastly, the beginning of the video covers the platform Canva.
We tackle all the little details of successfully selling online so your customers will keep coming back. Topics include making sales, policies (returns, repairs), plan/pricing for shipping, and communication.
E-Commerce Website & Photos V.2
We discuss ways to take your website and photos to the next level by emphasizing your narrative. If you're new to creating an online shopping site, start with our V.1 tutorial (video below) and bring any questions you have to this session.
Details for Building Success
There are so many things to think about as we continue building our customer relationships. We cover Google Analytics, email marketing and mailing lists, and how to leverage online presence as we move back to in-person.
Promotion & Social Media
We provide instruction on setting up and linking social media accounts and email marketing, share our plans for promoting this event and the power of collective promotion, and how you can utilize the same strategies to promote both this event and your own work to your audience.
Hopin Tips, Hive Mind Planning 2020
With one week before the big event, we brainstorm best practices and explore ways for each exhibitor to tailor the platform for their unique needs.
Documents for those listing products through the Peters Valley Gallery
Submission Deadline: April 20th. Subsequent deadlines are listed in instructions document linked below.