Information, Policies & Logistics
Peters Valley School of Craft is firmly committed to diversity, inclusion, and equity. This will remain one of our most critical goals, ensuring the school supports all students, with no bias in regard to age, color, disability, gender identification, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, economic status, or veteran status.
In order to maintain the health and safety of our community during the COVID-19 pandemic, Peters Valley School of Craft has made the difficult decision to suspend all scheduled workshop programming through the end of 2020. We will be re-opening our campus for in-person learning in spring of 2021
A Typical Workshop Day
Workshops run from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm each day.
- Registration/check-in takes place between 8:15 and 8:45 am at the office on the first day of the workshop.
- Lunch (which is included in tuition) is served from 12:15pm - 1:15pm each day at the Peters Valley Dining Hall.
- Clean up begins at about 3:00pm on the last day of the workshop and everyone is asked to participate. Workshops end at 5:00pm.
- Studios are closed during dinner hours but generally open up from about 7pm -10pm for optional studio time. This varies by workshop/studio.
The goal of our cancellation policy is to be fair and flexible for our workshop participants. When making your plans, please consider the following: Planning for your arrival means purchasing supplies, making a commitment to the instructor, and in the case of a full class, holding a spot that someone else could potentially take. As we re-open our campus, it will help us immensely if students avoid cancelling at the last minute except in the case of illness or similar emergency.
- With the exception of a $50 cancellation fee and the $30 annual registration fee, all fees are refundable if notice is given up to 14 days prior to the start of the workshop.
- If a cancellation is made less than 14 days prior to the start of the workshop, there is no refund, however a credit will be issued (less the cancellation and registration fee) for another class, during the 2021 or 2022 season.
- No refunds or credits will be given if a student withdraws for any reason other than COVID-19, after a workshop begins.
The campus is quite spread out, with some of the studios being about 2 miles from the dorms & dining hall. Carpooling with other workshop participants is highly encouraged.
Be sure to look at the student material list for your workshop, which is located within the online description. You will be responsible for bringing those supplies with you. Peters Valley is in a very rural area, there are no supply stores or convenience stores nearby. When in doubt, pack it!
What to Bring
We’re glad you will be joining us at Peters Valley! We are located in a rural and wooded area. The weather here can be very cool at night during the spring, and hot and humid during the day in summer. Supplies and tools to bring for your particular workshop are included in the materials list, which is listed online in the workshop description.