Rick Wright

Rick with cable release night Rick Wright

Rick Wright initially trained as an oil painter at Princeton (BA) and Columbia University (MFA), before embracing photography with studies at The ICP in New York. While there, he studied with: Nan Goldin, Susan Meiselas, Danny Lyon, and John Loengard. He currently practices architectural photography, shoots 4×5 film landscapes, and hosts photography seminars and critiques at The Halide Project, Fleisher Art Memorial, and Peters Valley School of Craft. Rick says, “Photography is 93% of my life. The other 7% is occupied by film camera repair, short story writing, and motorcycle photo trips. I chose photography over painting for its speed, unpredictability, and ready bends of reality.” Rick’s work resides in several permanent collections including the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Johnson & Johnson Collection, and University of Pennsylvania, and is exhibited internationally. In addition to a 2020 museum solo show at The Griffin Museum in MA, he was published in Lenswork Magazine, and appeared in the First Zagreb Photo Biennial. Rick lives in the Center City District of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.


Lost in the Woods: Finding Composition in Chaos

This workshop will help any photographer solve the riddle of a great landscape photograph. Rick will help you define emphasis when faced with the chaos of The Woods. By picking […]

Learn More