Craft Fair Exhibitor Info
Call for Artists
May 1-2, 2021 | Spring Virtual Craft Market
Application: $25, Deadline February 18, 2021
Peters Valley School of Craft is excited to hold this new Spring Virtual Craft Market! After the success of our first Virtual Craft Fair this past fall, we wanted to create more opportunities for artists during this time of transition.
Through that event we found a digital platform that offers attendees a customizable, fun shopping experience. The from-home dynamic also allows for exhibitors to connect with customers in a meaningful way by showing them where and how work is made.
Participation in our Spring Virtual Market includes a series of collaborative Zoom sessions to help artists build their online presence for the event and beyond.
About the Show
- The event will be live on an interactive platform May 1-2, 2021. Exhibitors are required to participate live for the majority of the publicized hours of 10am - 5pm; the platform will be accessible for attendees from 10am on Saturday through 11:59pm Sunday. Exhibitors will be featured on Peters Valley’s website beginning the weeks leading up to event and for at least 4 months after (until the next event’s exhibitor listing is ready).
- Venue: Hopin, the most comprehensive, approachable and user-friendly virtual platform designed for customer and artist interaction, to facilitate sales of your work. Through our first Virtual Craft Fair last fall we have discovered that opportunities for interaction on this digital platform can provide a different, but in some ways richer, experience. The platform itself has been continually expanding and improving its features.
- Fee Structure: Low-risk pricing outlined in more detail below. Each exhibitor will have their own private “Booth” with options to present pre-recorded video, live video, and direct interaction with buyers via chat or video and a direct link to your website, or other method to accept sales, including through the Peters Valley Gallery.
- Promotional Opportunities: We can collectively reach a national audience to include buyers who may not typically attend our show from the comfort of your own home or studio and their own homes. We will be broadly advertising the event. As a measure of success, Peters Valley’s email list has grown over 25% in the last year as a result of the online programs we hosted beginning in March 2020.
- Educational Component: Participants will have the additional benefit of learning opportunities presented by the Peters Valley show staff including meetings, training sessions on how to set up an e-commerce website, how to promote on social media and much more. For our first Virtual Fair we held a series of sessions that included both tutorials and collective collaboration. All past videos will be available to participating exhibitors as well as a new “Version 2” Series focusing on even more communications strategies leading up the May event.
- Additional Information: In addition to application information, confirmed exhibitors will need to provide additional text and images as requested by show staff, leading up to the event. This is a collaborative process in which exhibitors will work with the show staff and will have the opportunity to submit multiple revisions to ensure that together we create a successful and engaging event that maximizes sales.
Dates & Deadlines
Feb 18 Call for Entries Deadline
Feb 22 Notification to Applicants
March 1 Acceptance/Decline Invitation
March 15 Deadline for Booth Payments & Add-On's
April 10 Deadline for PVG Inventory (if applicable)
May 1-2 Live Virtual Event
Virtual Booths - purchase of a Virtual Booth Package is required for participation.
$200 | Virtual Booth Package:
- Each “expo booth” Hopin is a private, interactive space which features live camera feeds for vendors and booth guests, video or google slide when camera is off, a link to website for sales and links to social media accounts, chat and private messaging. See sample here. (insert link)
- Listing on Peters Valley’s website (name, image, website link, category) for at least 4 months including leading up to the event and after before the next event is launched.
- Paid advertising for the show (digital and printed), and online promotion through email and social media platforms
- A series of live, collaborative tutorial sessions and access to all recorded session from our first virtual event
$100 | Emerging Artist Award Winners: Spring Market Emerging Artists will also be eligible to apply in the category for the in-person Fall Craft Fair. Recipients of the Emerging Artist Award will receive an additional notification email with a coupon code for this fee.
If you won’t have an ecommerce site (note: we will provide you a free tutorial on how to create one), you can sell products through the Peters Valley Gallery Online Shop (http://www.petersvalleygallery.org).
You will have your own page listing your product, and optional insertion of a banner image, bio, video embedded and link to personal website. This page has a unique URL to share and promote. The collection will remain for sale online through the end of June, for post-show purchases. Limited to 10 exhibitors on a first-serve basis, with waiting list. Cannot be listed in addition to your own ecommerce site; only one URL link can be listed for each booth.
$50 set up fee + 10% of sales | 12 product listings on website (includes up to 10 variants per listing), unlimited quantity
$75 set up fee + 10% of sales | 24 products listing on website (includes up to 10 variants per listing), unlimited quantity
$100 set up fee + 10% of sales | 36 product listings on website (includes up to 10 variants per listing), unlimited quantity
Who should apply:
Peters Valley is firmly committed to diversity, inclusion and equity. In the interest of preserving fine craftsmanship while also fostering innovation in the field of contemporary craft, we are seeking a range of artists from those that use traditional techniques to those that highlight the creative use of technology. We are excited to include both emerging and established artists. We pride ourselves on hosting a high quality, well-balanced show offering handmade original works in a range of prices.
All work must be original and made by the applicant. Work created from commercially available kits is not accepted. Work that is created under the direct supervision of the applicant in a small-studio production scenario is acceptable if the artist has a constant hand in direction, feedback, and assistance in the making process. Manufacturers, importers and agents other than craft artists should not apply. The Fair Committee reserves the right to determine whether a particular type of work is determined unacceptable or in keeping with the standards of the show. If the work is determined unacceptable or misrepresented in the images submitted, the applicant will not be allowed to exhibit during the event.
Emerging Artists: The Spring 2021 Virtual Craft Market will award 10 emerging artist booths, at a discounted rate of 50%. To qualify you must have been exhibiting professionally for less than 3 years and have not participated in our virtual show previously in this category. To be considered for this award you must apply in the Emerging Artist Category, and will be listed in this category for the event. Spring Market Emerging Artists will also be eligible to apply in the category for the in-person Fall Craft Fair.
One medium category based on the primary identifying material or technique used in your body of work must be chosen for all submitted applications. Artists who wish to exhibit in more than one category must submit separate applications each category for the jury (up to 2). The ‘Mixed Media’ category is for works that are using multiple media and not two or more distinct bodies of work that would otherwise fall under distinctively different categories. Once accepted under both categories both will be listed on the virtual platform and show’s webpage.
Artists who work collaboratively on all work that they wish to exhibit may submit one application jointly. Two or more artists that create independent bodies of work that wish to sell on the same website are not considered collaborators and must apply to exhibit independently.
The Virtual Craft Market will be juried by a committee with the purpose of creating a quality, inclusive and balanced show. The jury will accept 80 exhibitors.
Those placed on the wait list will be contacted and offered space on a rolling basis if a space becomes available. The list is not numerical, and is subject to keeping the show at a level of quality and balanced in medium.
Exhibitors cancelling before March 15 will receive a refund of 75% of the fees paid. Exhibitors cancelling between March 16 – April 15 will receive a refund of 50% of the fees paid. Exhibitors cancelling after April 15 will not receive a refund for any fees paid. If Peters Valley cancels the Virtual Craft Market it shall refund to the Exhibitor all sums paid to it hereunder, and, after making such refund, shall be relieved of further liability hereunder.