Peters Valley School of Craft has always made the health and safety of its community a top concern. We are carefully monitoring conditions associated with the spread of COVID-19, and are following the guidance of the State of New Jersey Department of Health and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations on keeping commercial establishments safe.
We are taking the following steps effective immediately:
- The Gallery is currently open Thursday through Sunday from 10am to 5pm with capacity limited to 5 guests at a time. You can also support working artists and our programs by shopping our retail gallery online. www.petersvalleygallery.org
- Our Administrative office is open M-F with limited staff but the studios will be closed to the public until further notice.
- While there will be reduced face-to-face interactions with our customers, our administrative operations will continue to operate mostly remotely.
We will continue to navigate this situation and will be responsive, responsible and nimble. For the most up to date news please visit our social media. If you have any questions please email email@example.com. We will do our best to keep you informed and do our part to prevent, reduce and slow the spread of the virus.
2021 Workshop Season Update:
We are currently scheduling in-person workshops for next summer and are planning our reopening in spring of 2021. The entire staff here at Peters Valley has been working hard to put new policies and procedures in place to keep us all safe. Here are some updates:
- Class Size: Peters Valley has always offered small classes to ensure individualized attention and ample equipment usage. Class size for 2021 will be reduced and vary from 5 to 8 students depending on studio size.
- Fewer Classes on Campus: To keep the overall number of visitors to our campus manageable, fewer classes will be offered each week.
- Lodging: All on-campus lodging will consist of single rooms (doubles are available for members of the same household, but only enrolled students may stay on campus). Rooms will be extremely limited and will sell-out very fast. We encourage off-campus lodging such as Airbnb, Vrbo, camping and local cabins.
- Meals: Breakfast & Lunch will be available for pre-purchase and will be packaged for take-out. Outdoor seating will be available throughout the campus. No dinner will be served.
- Cleaning & Safety: Studios will follow strict cleaning routines and air purifiers, equipment sanitizers, touchless faucets & sanitizing stations have been installed. Masks must be worn at all times, social distancing will be practiced and new outdoor classroom spaces have been designed.
- Expectations: We will reach out to everyone prior to their workshop with the most up to date procedures and protocols. We are all looking forward to in-person learning so we must all do our part to make it happen!
How can I help Peters Valley?
The support from our students, instructors, members, funders and friends has been amazing and we thank you all! Here are some ways that you can help us to be better than ever:
- Make a donation: A donation in any amount will help support staff and the campus while we maintain Peters Valley and plan for the future at the same time. Donate now
- Become a member: Members are the back-bone of our organization and a very important part of who we are. Membership details are available here.
- Shop our Online Gallery: Purchases from our online Gallery benefit both working artists and the programs at Peters Valley. www.petersvalleygallery.org
- Volunteer: Sign up to become a volunteer. Once we are able to open our campus to the public there will be numerous facilities projects that we can use help with. We are also always looking for help at our special events going forward. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your interest and we will reach out when the time comes!