Peters Valley School of Craft has always made the health and safety of its community a top concern. We are carefully monitoring conditions associated with the spread of COVID-19, and are following the guidance of the State of New Jersey Department of Health and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations on keeping commercial establishments safe.
We are taking the following steps effective immediately:
- Face masks are now optional when inside all buildings on our campus. Peters Valley School of Craft is located on land owned by the National Park Service so we follow their guidelines. Masks are encouraged for those who are immune compromised and/or feel more comfortable wearing them.
- The Gallery is currently open every day from 10am to 6pm. You can also support working artists and our programs by shopping our retail gallery online. Curbside pick-up and shipping is always available. www.petersvalleygallery.org
- Our Administrative office is open from 9am to 5pm Monday through Saturday, please call with any questions. (973) 948-5200.
We will continue to navigate this situation and will be responsive, responsible and nimble. For the most up to date news please visit our social media. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to keep you informed and do our part to prevent, reduce and slow the spread of the virus.
The New Jersey State Council on the Arts 2021 COVID Critical Needs Program has provided partial support for the personal protective equipment (PPE) and safeguarding equipment that are part of Peters Valley's COVID safety procedures.
2022 Workshop Season:
We are excited to once again be open for in-person workshops! The entire staff here at Peters Valley has been working hard to put policies and procedures in place to keep us all safe. Here are some updates:
- Face masks are now optional, though encouraged for those who are immune compromised and/or feel more comfortable wearing them.
- Class Size: Peters Valley has always offered small classes to ensure individualized attention and ample equipment usage. Class sizes vary from 6 to 12 students depending on studio size.
- Lodging: Most on-campus lodging will consist of single rooms, however double rooms are available upon request. Rooms will be extremely limited and will sell-out very fast. We encourage off-campus lodging such as Airbnb, Vrbo, camping and local cabins.
- Meals: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be available in our Dining Hall. Outdoor seating is available throughout the campus.
- Cleaning & Safety: Studios will follow strict cleaning routines and air purifiers, equipment sanitizers, and sanitizing stations have been installed.
- Expectations: We will reach out to everyone prior to their workshop with the most up to date procedures and protocols. We are all excited to offer to in-person learning so we must all do our part to make it happen!
How can I help Peters Valley?
The support from our students, instructors, members, funders and friends has been amazing and we thank you all! Here are some ways that you can help us to be better than ever:
- Make a donation: A donation in any amount will help support staff and the campus while we maintain Peters Valley and plan for the future at the same time. Donate now
- Become a member: Members are the back-bone of our organization and a very important part of who we are. Membership details are available here.
- Shop our Online Gallery: Purchases from our online Gallery benefit both working artists and the programs at Peters Valley. www.petersvalleygallery.org
- Volunteer: Sign up to become a volunteer. Once we are able to open our campus to the public there will be numerous facilities projects that we can use help with. We are also always looking for help at our special events going forward. Please contact email@example.com with your interest and we will reach out when the time comes!