November 10, 2023
Dear Peters Valley Friends,
Thanks to your generosity, Peters Valley School of Craft has thrived for more than five decades, evolving into a nationally recognized, vibrant, and robust craft school. Peters Valley empowers individuals to explore their artistic passions, fosters creativity, and opens doors to personal enrichment and potential career opportunities in the arts. Your support makes it all possible.
With your help, 2023 was a year of continued growth and increased impact. Highlights from this year include:
- A record-high number of 828 students took a diverse array of more than 160 on-campus and virtual workshops
- We approved a new Strategic Plan, which charts Peters Valley’s course for the next 5 years, and can be found here
- We secured a three-year grant from the Windgate Foundation to help foster both the professional and creative development of black craft artists, with the aim to encourage the sustainability and success of their artistic practice, and enhance the equitability and diversity of the craft field through this annual professional learning program on campus
- Significantly expanded our Artist Residency Program, welcoming 26 artists this fall for funded residencies
- In a public/private partnership with the National Park Service, completed restoration work on Valley Brook Farm House, one of the historic buildings on campus used for artist lodging
- Undertook campus-wide facilities improvements, including gallery front steps replacement, installing air conditioning in dorms, and studio electrical system upgrades
- Awarded nearly 100 scholarships, ensuring artists from diverse backgrounds can take part in the Craft School Experience
Increasing Impact in 2024
As we approach the end of 2023, our goal is to raise $125,000 by December 31. These funds will allow Peters Valley to continue to increase Mission impact, strengthen our infrastructure, and expand our capacity across
our many activities, allowing us to better serve an ever-growing community of artists. At Peters Valley, tuition and fees cover only 43% of our total budget, making individual donations critical to our ability to thrive and make a meaningful difference to artists.
This year, your support is more important than ever as the impact of inflation, as well as increasing our resources to better serve our Mission, has significantly increased operating costs. Your contribution today can ensure our continued success.
Will you support Peters Valley today? Of course, your contribution, no matter the size, will directly and positively impact Peters Valley’s ability to provide a structured environment for creative learning, support emerging artists, and continue to play a critical role in the cultural and economic life, not only of the State of New Jersey but of the craft field as a whole.
To make a donation, simply click here.
Thank you in advance for your support of Peters Valley. Together, we will continue to foster creativity, build and support the artists of today, and inspire and train the craftspeople and artists of tomorrow!
Kristin Muller, Executive Director
Robert Martin, Board President